I think you will spend 92 seconds reading this post
Insomnia or difficulty with sleeping can be of various types. It can be;
– Difficult getting to sleep.
– Difficulty to continue sleeping without interruptions.
– Early morning sleep disturbances.
Insomnia if rare in occurence, may not be a major problem as it may result due to stress, diet, caffeine or water intake, work, alcohol consumption, exercise, naps during the day, etc.
However, insomnia which is frequent and chronic may be associated with psychological complaints especially with irritability, social adjustment issues, high levels of stress, depression, etc.
If not treated at right time, it will be highly detrimental and harmful for all aspects of health.
What are the problems that can arise due to insomnia?
Insomnia can result in;
– Poor immunity.
– Increased susceptibility to illnesses.
– Chronic fatigue.
– Mood swings.
– Difficulty in concentration and focus.
– Poor adjustment with others.
– Reduced productivity at work.
– Changes in appetite or food intake.
How to treat insomnia?
– Get proper sleep hygiene. (I will post a seperate article on sleep hygiene soon.)
– Check with a consultant. Sleep problems can be solved by going in for a consultation with consultants from the following treatment methods which have been effective.
– Sleep Medicine.
– Exercise therapy and nutrition can also help if indicated.
Sleep deprivation is to be treated as soon as possible as it may progress to severe consequence if left untreated.
And like in all disease conditions, insomnia is better prevented than treated.
Be Healthier and Happier. Become Empowered and Enriched.
Dr Maharaja SivaSubramanian N
Give your comments for this post. Post your opinions, feedback, questions, suggestions, etc.
Get new articles delivered to your email
Dr Maharaja SivaSubramanian N is India’s 1st Holistic Concierge Medicine Doctor specializing in Homoeopathy, Counselling, Hypnotherapy, Nutrition, Exercise Therapy. Contact Dr Maharaja N for your treatment needs.